The tickle of curiosity. The gasp of discovery. Fingers running across the keyboard.

The tickle of curiosity. The gasp of discovery. Fingers running across the keyboard.

The World of Iniquus - Action Adventure Romance

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Protective Instinct and the challenge of writing the same but different.

Today is a book birthday for me (9.22.2020)

One of the things that I enjoy with each series that I put together within my Iniquus World of action-adventure romance is to explore a different side of that genre -- be it psychological, medical, tactical, political, intelligence or psychic those themes are interesting to explore.

In my Cerberus Tactical K9 series, I've been focused on relationships within an action-adventure. In this K9 series, I'm spending more time developing the relationships man, woman, and dogs.

I find that by giving myself new challenges, I stay interested in the stories.

Some of the challenges in all of my work is to include diversity. Diversity of ethnic backgrounds, physical and mental challenges, body types and capacities, among others.

In the romance side of the action-adventure books, I've challenged myself to approach relationships in different ways.

Even Odds is a second chance romance.

Survival Instinct strangers to lovers.

Protective Instinct is friends to lovers.

The novel I'm working on now is enemies to lovers.

My readers know what to expect when they open the pages of my books, but I always want them to feel curious and to know I'm working on something fresh because who likes to read stale writing?

Here's my newest:

She’s running for her life…

…His mission: protect her.

Ex-Delta Force Operator Ridge Hansen has a thing for artist Harper Katz.

So does his tactical K9, Zeus…

…But Harper is on the run.

Someone is aiming to kill her.

Ridge wants two things…

Convince Harper to move their relationship from friends to lovers,

And find out who she really is.

As a member of Iniquus Security’s elite tactical K9 team, Ridge willingly brings his skill, his heart, and his brawn to face any enemy.

But if Harper doesn’t learn to trust him, he can’t keep her alive.

Though Protective Instinct is the second book in the Cerberus Tactical K9 series, it can be read as a stand-alone, as part of the series, or part of the Iniquus World.

Here is a VINE VOICE review.

Also, if you haven't found your way to Roxx is Reading, you can find lots of wonderful reviews and book suggestions there.

GO GRAB MY BOOK! Here's the LINK.

Enjoy!

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment