The tickle of curiosity. The gasp of discovery. Fingers running across the keyboard.

The tickle of curiosity. The gasp of discovery. Fingers running across the keyboard.

The World of Iniquus - Action Adventure Romance

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

After you read your book, then you can fold it!

Cheers all!

It is a rainy day here in Virginia which put me on the treadmill instead of out on the trail. It’s a day for cocooning in and writing. I am working on the third and last installment of the Kate Hamilton novella series, OURS.

I wanted to share with you a project that I finished up: 


This is how the book looks on the outside:




And this is how it looked after I was done with my project:




I have to say, I’m completely impressed with how this turned out. 


It looks like I am all kinds of talented when it comes to crafting, but this is something that you can do with your family as you get together to chat and watch movies. Find books at the used book bin or something that you’re tired of dusting on your shelf and try it out.

I PROMISE you, you can do this! And it’s FREE or nearly so.

A GREAT last-minute gift that will impress the gift receiver. Get creative with the book and the image. I ordered a used Harry Potter book and will fold a Deathly Hollows symbol for my daughter.

How long will this take? For me, this was a two-hour project start to finish. Give yourself a little extra time for learning and navigating around the new websites.

I’m going to put some helpful links below to get you started:

Get ideas HERE.

Make your ideas into a jpeg HERE.

Take your jpeg over to this wizard and watch the magic (amazing, I’m so impressed) pattern maker do its thing: https://vektorrascheln.de/bookart.html CHOOSE centimeters, you’ll thank me.

This is a paper ruler in cm that you can print off -it is much easier than using a hard-edged ruler. Fold down the top to the zero mark and use that as a tool to line up your ruler on each page.

THEN: Everyone has their own listening and learning style – so I’m just suggest that you do a YouTube search for beginner's book folding tutorial. Find one that’s short and sweet. Ten minute/beginner. You just need them to tell you how to measure and fold.

How I do it: I work from front to back marking each page on the odd page to the end. I flip the book around, and I fold from the back of the book, on the even pages, to the front.

DO NOT get disheartened thinking it’s rubbish. Get all the way to the end of your project then look at the MAGIC!

Now, I recently tried this with a cookbook, folding the pages to write SAVOR! It did not work. The reason? The pages had printed images. The pages have to be all the same color for your to be able to see the subtlety. So that went into the bin, but it was a lesson learned. So not a waste.

Please share your end result pictures with me!


Happy Holidays!



(Baptised in ice water as we passed into the Arctic Circle.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment